Q: What is the color temperature of the Smart LED Light Bulb M2?
A: 1700-6500K warm light
Q: What is the working humidity of the smart bulb?
Q: Can the Smart LED Light Bulb change color?
Q: Do I need to sign up or create an account with Yeelight to set up and use this bulb?
A: No. Seamless Setup allows you to quickly and simply set up Yeelight Smart LED Bulb M2 (Multicolor) in the Google Home App; no other apps are required to link. And our bulb also works with Alexa & Google Home, Razer Chroma, etc.
Q: Can the smart light work without the internet?
A: Yes. Yeelight Smart LED Light Bulb 1S (Color) will still operate without an internet connection, as long as you don’t attempt to manage them while you’re away from home.
Q: Do I need an automation hub to set up the Smart LED Light Bulb?
A: No. The bulb can be simply set up with built-in Wifi and no hub is required. You don’t need to utilize a smart hub or any fancy light features.
Q: Is there a phone model requirement for this bulb?
A: Yes. The bulb is compatible with Android 4.4 and above, as well as iOS 9.0 and above that support Wi-Fi.
Q: What is the power consumption of the Smart LED Light Bulb?
A: Only 8 watts. The Smart LED Light Bulb is power-saving.
Q: What is the lifespan of this smart bulb?
A: The lifespan of the Smart LED Light Bulb is about 15,000 hours.
Q: What is the bulb’s matching socket?
A: It is applicable to both E26 and E27 sockets and you may pick bulb socket types based on the demands of various situations.
Q: What is the connection distance between the smart bulb and the phone?
A: There is no limit to the distance as long as the phone and the bulb are located under Wi-Fi environment.
Image credit: gogeek.eu
Q: What should I look out for while installing and using the bulb?
1. Please ensure that the power is off while installing, removing, or inspecting the bulb.
2. To avoid damage to the product, please do not use the lamp with the light adjustment screw (such as the lamp with the light adjustment).
3. Do not use the light bulb in a humid environment.
4. It is not recommended to use the bulb in a thin and sealed lamp cover, as this may interfere with signal connection or create heat radiation problems.
Q: Can the bulb be controlled by two or more phones?
A: Yes. The bulb supports SHARE function and can be controlled by multiple phones.
Q: What is the rated input of the smart LED bulb?
A: The rated input in the US is 120V~60Hz 0.07A, 220V-240V~50/60Hz 0.04A for Europe and China, and 100V-240V~50/60Hz 0.07A in other regions.
Q: What’s the router requirement for the smart bulb?
A: The bulb is applicable with routers of any brand with Wi-Fi function.
Q: What should I pay attention to when starting the Music Mode?
1. The phone and the bulb are located in the same network.
2. Keep the APP active.
Q: How to connect the Smart LED Bulb to Wi-Fi
STEP 1: Go to your Android or Apple app store and download the “Yeelight App.”
STEP 2: Log into your Yeelight account or register one if you are new to the App; then turn on Bluetooth on your device.
STEP 3: Click “Device” on the bottom bar, where you’ll find a “+” on the upper right corner. Choose “Add Device” and hit “Bulb”. The Smart LED Lightbulb M2 (Multicolor) is on the top of the list. Turn on the light following the guidance on the device interface.
STEP 4: Connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network; a window will pop up; hit “Next Step” in the app, enter your Wi-Fi password in the app and then hit “Next” once again.
STEP 5: You have now built a Wi-Fi network using the Yeelight smart color bulb M2.
STEP 6: Navigate to your phone’s settings and then to the Wi-Fi section. Connect to the Wi-Fi option “yeelink-light-abc.”
STEP 7: Once the connection is complete, wait a few moments for the app-bulb pair to begin. On the App’s main page, your bulb will now be labeled “Yeelight Color Bulb.”
Q: How to connect the smart LED bulb with Amazon Echo/Alexa?
1. Firstly, connect your devices on the Yeelight APP or Mi Home APP
2. Have a device with Alexa, download the Alexa APP and connect the device to your account.
3. Switch the server to a non-continental area in Yeelight APP/Mi Home APP. (continental server will support it in the nearly future)
4. Search for the Yeelight actions in the skills portal of the Alexa APP, follow the prompts to find the devices that have been connected to Xiaomi server.
1) From the menu, select Skills.
2) Browse or enter search keywords “Yeelight” to find the skill for your device, then select Enable.
3) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the linking process.
4) Ask Alexa to discover your device. Say, “Discover my devices,” or select Add Device in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
Q: How to connect the smart LED bulb with Google Home?
A: Linkage mode:
1. Firstly, please connect your devices on the Yeelight APP/Mi Home APP.
2. Have a device with Google Assistant, download the Google Home in Google Play and connect the device to your account.
3. Add Yeelight Actions into the Devices of Home control, click to authorize Xiaomi account.
4. After authorization, you will enter Assign rooms, devices connected to Yeelight APP will appear, click to confirm adding.
1) Open Google Home APP
2) From the menu, select Home control.
3) Select “+” in the Home control section.
4) Browse to find Yeelight service.
5) Login with your Mi account and password.
6) Once account linking completes, Google Home will discover all your Yeelight devices.
7) You are all set!
Before you Buy a Boatload of Smart Bulbs, Do Me a Favor and Read this First!!